Procedures, Plans, and Training to Support Emergency Response
CSS provided health and safety, field, and analytical support for EPA’s Consequence Management Advisory Division.
Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Plans, and Training for First Responders
CSS has a long and successful history providing health and safety, field, and analytical support for federal environmental projects. We integrate our past experience with current best practices to standardize and update procedures, templates, and plans for emergency response operations. For EPA’s Consequence Management Advisory Division, we:
- Reviewed the Department of Homeland Security’s Planning Framework for Chemical Incident Consequence Management and assisted with the development of a Fourth Generation Agents plan;
- Assisted with the preparation of the “Small-scale disinfection of N95 respirators” SOP;
- Assisted in the development of the Hazardous Chemical Response Personnel Decontamination Line SOP; and
- Revised and merged the EPA Responder and EPA Laboratory DuoDote protocols.
We also develop and deliver training for EPA’s On-Scene Coordinators (OSCs) to increase compliance with Agency procedures and protocols. For example, we:
- Supported Bio 101 and Bio Response Training for OSCs at the OSC Academy;
- Assist with preparation and teaching of Chem 101 presentation at the OSC Academy; and
- Supported the Chemical Warfare Agent (CWA) Training for OSCs.
Evaluation of Pesticide Safety
CSS supports the EPA Office of Pesticide Programs in evaluating the safety and potential health and environmental risks resulting from the use of pesticides and ensures that the data utilized for EPA’s regulatory decisions are scientifically sound.
Operation and Maintenance of High Throughput Mobile Laboratory Units
Analytical Support for EPA’s Consequence Management Advisory Division (CMAD) – CSS operates and maintains 10 mobile analytical laboratories under contract with EPA’s Office of Emergency Management.
Industrial Hygiene and Safety Support Services to NIH, Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS)
CSS has provided IH and safety support to NIH, DOHS as a prime contractor since 2007.
Facilities Operations & Maintenance
We understand your facility support needs and deliver customized solutions.
Emergency Preparedness & Response
We help our clients prepare for and protect the health and environment of communities after disasters and hazmat releases.
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Safety, Health, & Environmental
We provide our clients with tools to protect their workforce, the public, and the environment.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Human Health Risk Assessment
We help advance the understanding of chemical effects on people and the environment.
Environmental Resource Assessment & Management
We apply science to address challenges affecting the nation’s natural resources.
Get in touch
Contact us to learn more about our projects, capabilities, solutions, and service offerings.